Thursday, May 7, 2015

Home Update: Our Dining Room







The two tricky things about this room included the tight space and randomly placed electric panel. We needed furniture that would fit the area, but would still leave enough room for guests to feel comfortable when seated. Simplicity was the ultimate goal.

Because of the awkwardly placed electric panel, the wall was bare for almost 9 months. I ended up framing these Rifle Paper Co. kitchen prints and I really like they way they look in here! The chairs blended right in before the walls were painted so the light color really gave this room a fresher look.

The credenza is my favorite piece in here. We do not have a pantry, so it houses the majority of our serving dishes. I even have my parent's wedding china and my Gran's vintage dish set. I love the mix of old and new.

If you want to see where inspiration came from in this room click here.

3 comments :

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Those prints make the room. And major heart eyes for those chairs. I want to come have mac and cheese and wine with you at that table right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous room! So clean and fresh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the color of your walls in the dining room?

    ReplyDelete