Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Do you Juice or Blend?

Good Morning!  Today I am thankful for an early morning work out and some Seattle sunshine to help jumpstart my day.

My love for smoothies started back in high school when I was working at Emerald City Smoothie.  I loved that they were a quick and tasty way to add good nutrition into your daily diet.

A few years ago, I started blending green smoothies after learning about the many health benefits that both spinach and kale provided.  I chose these two as my "greens" because they blend perfectly and the taste can be masked easily.  As time went on, I started adding new ingredients such as Coconut Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar to help aide in stomach digestion.  I also like to experiment with other great fixings that can help boost the overall nutritional value.

Another reason I chose to blend is attributed my diet restrictions with Crohn's Disease.  Did you know that fibrous vegetables and leafy greens are difficult for your body to digest

Here is what my "typical smoothie" looks like...



- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp. Trader Joe's "Very Green" supplement
- Raw Honey or Agave
- 2 small handfuls of frozen fruit (I like strawberries the best!)
- 1 tspn. Chia Seeds 
- 1 tspn. Apple Cider Vinegar (not pictured, oops!)
- Protein Powder or Almond Butter
- Big handful of Spinach
- Big handful of Kale



Blend and enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment