Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!

I am happy that the work week is wrapping up and looking forward to the weekend.  Here some of my favorite things that I enjoyed this week -

1) Refresh Mint Tea.  I have been sipping this tea all week long.  I have been struggling a bit with mild stomach pains and mint helps treat upset stomach.  It is caffeine-free so safe to drink at all times during the day :).  I like to drink it with a bit of agave, so good!


2) Gifted magazine subscriptions.  Morgan gifted me the Southern Living magazine subscription as a Christmas gift.  I love this idea because each month when I get a new magazine in the mail I am reminded of the fun gift she gave me!  Thank you, Morgan!


3) My new iPad stand from Target.  Something so simple has been rocking my world lately.  Not only does it hold my iPad while I jam to Pandora, but it is also the best for when I am following a recipe and I can place it right next to the stove as I cook.  Find it here.


4) Which leads to my next favorite from this week, green protein pancakes!  Call me crazy, but these are amazing.  Both Marissa and Megan tried them before I did using a similar recipe via Peanut Butter Fingers.  Even Dustin has been "enjoying" them in the morning.   It's also a great way to use up your bag of spinach before it goes bad!


Recipe (based on my modifications):

- 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 table spoon agave
- Cinnamon to taste

5) New workouts.  These two workouts kicked my booty this week.  I completed 20 minutes on the elliptical before going through each workout.   Again, both of these are via Peanut Butter Fingers.  Needless to say, my arms are hurting today, in a good way!




6) Fresh flowers.  This is a favorite every week and I am trying to make sure a bundle of flowers is picked up on my weekly grocery store runs because it really helps liven up our small apartment.





7) Bachelorette + Bridal Shower Planning!

I have been receiving some exciting emails that are starting to discuss our Las Vegas plans and getting so so excited!  I have the best group of bridesmaids and am so thankful to everyone who is planning to come and taking time out of their busy schedules!

I also have been communicating with Maureen back and forth regarding my Bridal Shower in March.  She just emailed me yesterday saying invitations were going out soon. Lots of exciting things going on :).



8) Trader Joe's Organic Coconut Oil.  I love love love love this stuff!  I have incorporated this item fully into my daily beauty regimen.  I started using it as my sole facial & body moisturizer and I cook with it too.  But this week I tried it as a hair mask.  I massaged it into my hair on a night where I knew I would have to wash my hair the next morning.  I let it soak in all night long and just tied my hair up into a twisted bun.  I was hesitant that my hair would be greasey the next morning but it wasn't.  My hair has been soft and smelling delightful all week long now!

No comments :

Post a Comment