Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Favorites

Friday is here and my bags are packed to head to my mom's this weekend.  It's fun to look back and pick out my highlights of the week.  I hope you enjoy these as well!

1) Shopping the sales from last season is making me (+ my wallet) very happy.  As hard as it is to wait, I love finding pieces on sale that I have been eyeing for a while.  Patience is a virtue!  I am also totally guilty of buying multiple colors when I find a piece of clothing that I love.  I couldn't resist these two skirts below, both in the colors that I have been searching for (coral and royal).  The dress was one I saw last season from J.Crew on a gal I used to work with and thought it looked so cute!  I found it at the J. Crew Factory online store and took advantage of the extra 30% off promotion.  I love that you can dress it up with fun statement necklace, flats or wedges!

2) Appetizer and Entree tasting with our caterer.  Becky, Dustin, Kristine, Chris and I all went to our caterer's testing kitchen to meet and sample with the chef. The great news is that all of the food was amazing and it will be hard to narrow down what we will end up serving!


Items we sampled included:

4 Appetizers:

- Stuffed Mushroom Caps (a favorite)
- Lemon Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps (a favorite)
- Bruschetta (a favorite)
- Quiche

2 Salads:

- Caesar Salad with Homemade Croutons and Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese (a favorite)
- Roasted Vegetables with Feta Cheese (a favorite)

4 Entrees:

- Chicken Marsala (a favorite)
- Beef Brisket + amazing sauce which I can't remember the name (a favorite)
- Penne Pasta in a Light Cream Sauce with Sundried Tomatoes add Artichoke Hearts (a favorite)
- Rotelli Pasta in an Italian Meat Sauce (a favorite)

My biggest concern is picking items that will go well with one another and that gives our guests variety!  What will we choose??  You must attend the wedding to find out :).


3) Grabbing dinner and drinks with Deena and Jessica.  I love getting together with friends and sometimes life gets so "busy" that I need to remember to try and take more time to simply relax and let loose with friends.  A good margarita and bowl of chips is just what the doctor ordered!
Thank you, ladies!

4) Bus Trivia.  I was a little annoyed on Monday when the bus driver announced he was going to tell jokes and trivia on the bus each morning.  But it makes me so happy!  This driver is a "Fred" (read the Fred Factor to learn more).  He is happy and loving his job.  He is trying to lighten up the bus crowd and make our commute a little more enjoyable.  Today's trivia question was "What is the longer street in West Seattle?"  My guess was California Street which actually is also the longest street is Seattle, too!  Did you know that?

5)  Dad and Karen! Karen's Birthday was yesterday and my dad found out that he is going to Houston to interview with Bertolli Olive Oil.  I only thought it was appropriate to put them in here since they both had an exciting week.

Time to get working!  Happy weekend to everyone :).

No comments :

Post a Comment