Wednesday, October 8, 2014

London: Day 3

Every morning, we woke up a beautiful breakfast spread from our London B+B hosts! Even when we woke up at 6:30 am, our host made sure to wake up and have everything set out. They included organic fruit, fresh croissants and her homemade jam. It was heaven!


Our final day in London took us to the beautiful town of Kensington, where Prince Henry, Kate and Henry live.


Everything in Kensington is beautiful! I loved that we could easily rent the Barclay city bikes, we took them for a stroll around the royal gardens. Here is Kensington palace.



After our bike ride, we set out to find a pub that Dustin found out Yelp the night before. On our walk, I was in awe of all of the beautiful fall colors, such a girl moment!


After lunch we headed back to Central London to visit the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square. Thank goodness for easy transportation!



After the National Gallery, we took the train to Wembley Stadium to watch the Miami Dolphins vs. Oakland Raiders. We needed to pick-up our tickets at a Stub Hub event, which was actually was really neat because they were handing out free grab bag type items and food.

Before the game started, Led Zeppelin performed at the stadium! It was such a fun experience watching NFL in London!


The biggest setback we had during the trip was due to my crazy organized self. I decided on the way home from the stadium to organize all of my photos by albums on my iPhone, how brilliant!

After selecting all of our photos from London and putting them into a "London" album, I decided to delete them from "My Photos" so they wouldn't appear twice and take up storage. Little did I know, that deleting them from "My Photos" would delete them from my "London" album as well. I could have cried, all of our photos from London were gone. Really iPhone? Thank goodness for the Cloud and backing up the majority of the photos while I had wifi at the National Gallery.

Unfortunately, we lost some really great stadium photos and our stop to Platform 9 3/4 at the King's Cross train station. Besides this mishap, our final day was a success.

Next stop, Munich, Germany!

No comments :

Post a Comment