Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Weeknight Recipe: Yellow Curry


There is no better scent than a home that has a savory dinner simmering over the stove or roasting in the oven. After experimenting with several different curry recipes, I finally created one that is easy to prepare for and even easier to eat!

I start by adding a heaping tablespoon of coconut oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Then, I add two chicken breasts (thawed and cubed) and sauté until cooked. You could season the chicken here, if you choose. Once the chicken is cooked I add my chopped sweet onion, sweet potato and yellow pepper. While the flavors are combining, I add two jars of Trader Joe's Thai Yellow Curry Sauces. To make sure I get all of the sauce out of the jar, I will add a bit of milk, shake it up, and pour out the remaining of the sauce. I have found that the milk adds a touch of sweetness that I really enjoy. I let everything simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender.

The best way to serve this dish (in my opinion) is over brown rice. I also love to pick up some organic naan bread from Costco. Having a side of naan makes for scrumptious dipping and helps your clean out your bowl :).

Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment