Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Outdoor HIIT Workout

Hello friends, I have a fun workout to share with you today, If you are a fan of HIIT workouts, this is one for you!


To begin, what is HIIT? 

HIIT (high-intensity interval training) is defined as an enhanced form of interval training, an exercise strategy alternating periods of short intense anaerobic exercise with less-intense recovery periods.

I started learning more about HIIT when my workout time became limited (usually they take place at 5:15 am in the morning) and I got tired when it seemed an 8-mile run was the only way of fitting a good workout into my daily routine. Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE long runs, but time does not always allow for that. Given winters in Seattle, it is hard to keep up with running long distances as well.

Now that Seattle is beautiful, sunny and hitting temperatures in the 80's, I look forward to working out OUTSIDE when work is over.

I decided to go on a 3-mile run but incorporated fast bursts of cardio after each mile and dedicated myself to sprint up each hill I came to. 

Here is what it ended up looking like:


Run mile one
Perform 20 jumping squats
Run mile two
Perform 20 jumping lunges
Run mile three
Perform 20 skaters
Abs!

My legs were shaking afterwards and my face was dripping sweat. GOAL! All under 30 minutes.

What HIIT workouts do you love?

No comments :

Post a Comment