Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Best Lazy Morning Workout

I have a work out I want to share with you and I am calling it my lazy morning workout.

Last night, I didn't sleep very well but still managed to get up and hit the gym when my alarm blared loudly at 5:15 am. My brain was not fully functioning and I was relying on the gym to help wake me up. 

I hopped on the elliptical machine and set it for 20 minutes, just enough time to get a little sweat action. When I start out on a cardio machine, I set it to the "interval" program. I like this program best because I get fast, frequent bursts of high intense cardio with one minute "rest periods" in between at a lower speed and resistance. Easy enough, right?   

Okay, onto my go-to "lazy" work out. 

I love to do the Scientific 7-minute Workout and follow the sequence routine two times through! I have the 7-minute app on my phone so it literally requires no thinking or brain effort. I simply push "start work out" and the nice friendly lady on the phone guides me through the workout telling me when to start, stop and rest.  I love it! 

Performing this routine two times through is the just the right amount of "challenge" you'll want early in the morning and you'll still feel like you targeted all of the right "problem" areas.


Here is what the New York Times says about the 7-Minute Workout, "The exercises should be performed in rapid succession, allowing 30 seconds for each, while, throughout, the intensity hovers at about an 8 on a discomfort scale of 1 to 10. Those seven minutes should be, in a word, unpleasant. The upside is, after seven minutes, you’re done."

What is your "go-to" workout?

2 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this workouts. I am a workout freak person, i love to workout so yeah this is the best blog where i can get information on workout. Thank you so much. buy gym equipment online

    ReplyDelete