Saturday, April 12, 2014

Meal Preppin' + New Goals

Last week I struggled a bit in the category of meal prep.  I have always been great when it comes to making breakfast and lunches daily. As of late, by the time I get off of work all I want to do is to grab a happy hour or take-out. So I want to combat this and set new goals for myself. That is what blogging is all about, right?

I mentioned in this post that I struggle to keep fresh ingredients in the fridge for dinner. I hate wasting food, however with all of the time I spend down at my mom's, I find it difficult to keep food on-hand that are ready to eat.

So my goal is to plan out our meals more strategically and have two planned dinners ready for the week.  I would like to use this blog as a way to lay everything out in the beginning of each week.

So I introduce to you week one!

Green Smoothies


I want to start up my morning green smoothies again.  I read about this trick on my friends blog, brilliant!  What a perfect to eliminate my terrible habit of throwing away wilted spinach leaves at the end of the week. Will plan to add strawberries, blueberries and pineapple as well.


Breakfast

- These veggie fritata muffins are a simple way to whip together easy breakfasts for the week.  I plan to use this recipe and add any ingredients that need to be used up!



Lunch

I have used this recipe before for dinner but also think it would be great for work lunches. I love that the author even states that this recipe is great frozen and thawed. I have some frozen ground turkey that would be great in this as well, a dollop of greek yogurt would also add some creaminess as well.


Dinners

Tilapia + Brown Rice

My aunt made some yummy tilapia this weekend and it reinforced my decision to add this to our dinner menu this week. Brown rice is also easy to prep with my rice cooker, maybe topped with this homemade dressing?

 
Romaine, Strawberry, Chicken + Goat Cheese Salad


I made this salad last week and it was heavenly. I still have extra goat cheese and frozen chicken breasts, so making this should be relatively easy to pull together.  Dustin loves this as well, bonus!

Snacks

Currently loving pita chips + hummus. I also always keep sharp cheddar cheese, apricots, marcona almonds and bananas on hand at work.

Wish me luck as I go into week one! What are your favorite ways to meal prep? What are your favorite crock pot recipes? I would love to hear!

1 comment :

  1. YUM! These look delicious. I can't wait to move into a new office and keep lots of snacks in the fridge! :)

    ReplyDelete