Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Happy Memorial Day! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and took an extra day to relax and remember what this day is all about.

A lot went on this weekend so let's begin with Friday night. After work, Dustin and I headed to the gym before walking up the street for dinner. Our sweet friend Kyle (who lives in Denver) had made us a dinner reservation and paid for our meal as well. It was a lovely treat and very generous of Kyle to think of us during this tough adjustment period.

I woke up early the next morning for a morning run. This view, I never get sick of!


I headed down to visit Becky afterwards. Becky and I had the tough task of going through mom's closet. It became real as we sorted through her beloved items, shared stories about the garments she wore most and somehow decided what to keep and what to give away. It was an emotional task, but I was happy that we could laugh our way through it. I (Mya too) couldn't stop smelling her clothes, just to remember her scent before she became sick.



Shortly after, I had a dress fitting with Georgia! She is truly amazing and such a good friend to me. It was good to share some more smiles and laughs.


After our work day was over, I treated Becky to dinner, we walked the pups and then headed back up to West Seattle.

On Saturday morning, Dustin and I walked to a local bakery for breakfast before browsing our neighborhood Farmer's Market for spinach, jam, asparagus and peonies!


Later, Becky drove up and we drove over to Woodinville, WA for some wine tasting!



Then, we prepared a meat and cheese spread with pita chips (and more wine!)

 

Monday rolled around and we chose to fill our day with wedding errands and enjoyed a ice cream break with our friends Rita and Steven from school. Time to start another work week. Happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment