Tuesday, May 20, 2014

One Day at a Time - A Beautiful Tribute


One of my best friends wrote a beautiful blog post about my mom. Morgan and I met in high school and our moms became close friends while working together at the St. Francis Breast Diagnostic Center. One of the things I loved most is how Morgan, my mom and her sweet mama would all hang out together even if I wasn't available to join, that is true friendship! Morgan, thank you for your beautiful words.

From the blog "One Day at a Time"

Last weekend we had the most incredible time celebrating one of my favorite people in the world, my sweet friend, Molly. We laid by the pool, danced, talked and had such an awesome time celebrating one of the most genuine, selfless, hard working, kind, positive, person in the world. On Monday, Molly had learned that her precious momma had passed away. She had battled cancer for 17 months and had gone home to be with Jesus. Hearing the news seemed surreal, Molly and I had just been together? I had seen photos of Susie on her birthday the weekend before? No matter how sick somebody is, I don't think you ever actually expect or prepare to hear the news that someone has passed. Especially the mom of a dear friend that you have known for 10 years. 

As I've gotten older and heard stories of other people's parents and generally become more aware of the world, I've learned to appreciate my mom in a whole new way. Not all moms put their children's welfare about their own. Not all of them take a vested interest in their kid's lives. But Susie did. I remember her always making sure Molly had her favorite cookie cake on her birthday, and going out of her way to make events incredible (remember the limo ride to Alki and bonfire for your 18th birthday Mol)? I remember going over to a girls night at her house a couple of years ago with my mom and their work friends and Susie having everything perfect - her amazing chicken pizza, wine for everybody, patio table set - just to celebrate a random Friday girls night! 

To have a mom that you are close with, that has such love and pride for you, that would go into a burning building for you, is such an incredible thing. I can't even imagine the amount of pride Susie has for her two daughters. They are incredible, and I truly can't think of a more amazing legacy for anybody to leave on earth. Two beautiful, selfless, loving, educated, brilliant, kind people to bring good to the world. I love you Mols. It was a sad, sad week on earth but I can only imagine the celebrating going on in heaven. 

"For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord’s." Romans 14:8

No comments :

Post a Comment