Thursday, January 16, 2014

Wednesday Nights

Our Wednesday nights for the last few months have been pretty consistent.

They all look a lot like this:

- Dustin texts me and asks me what time I'll be down around, I say 4:50 pm - 5 (always)
- Aunt Becky texts me and asked me what time I'll be down around, I say 5:00 pm - 5:30 (always)
- I leave work after my 3:30 pm client call and hop on a bus around 4:00 pm"
- Dustin leaves work to come pick me up at the Transit Center
- We stop and pick up dinner of my mom's choice, unless she has already eaten
- We sit with her while we all eat
- Let her rest after wards to help her from getting sick
- Chat with Aunt Becky
- Watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy with her
- Hang out
- Head back up to West Seattle

Not a whole lot of excitement, but we have both really been enjoying our time down there together.  It is our new normal!  Last night, Uncle Jeff came flew in from Colorado.  We stayed at the house while Aunt Becky went to pick him up.  It is always fun to have UJ in town!  Dustin always looks forward to Jeff's visits too!

Every time I leave my mom (even if it's just going to the bathroom) she will say, "I love you to pieces"!  When I left last night (to head home) she said to me:

Mom: "I love you to the moon and back."
Me: "How about Mars, that is farther away."
Mom: "No, not Mars that is too cold there."
Me: "Ohhh okay."
Mom: "No, it has to be the moon because it is shiny and beautiful like you!"

Isn't that just sweet?  How can your heart now melt after hearing things like that.  This is why I always love my time down there.  Even though it can be tiring and annoying to be in a constant limbo, my time with her will always hold a special place in my heart and the special time that we share together.  I am so lucky to have this close relationship with my mom!


No comments :

Post a Comment