Monday, June 9, 2014

Easy Dinner Idea: Tilapia Tacos!

Now that I am spending weekends in West Seattle, I want to create easy summertime recipes that I can whip up quickly after work. Since Tilapia is a staple in our freezer right now, I thought a taco bar sounded fun, easy and festive! Pair the meal with a Corona + lime and you'll enjoy one perfect dinner combination.


I realize there are many ways to put together a taco, however I found this recipe most helpful in regards to how to prepare the fish before hand!

Ingredients:



4 whitefish fillets
1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 
1 teaspoon creole seasoning
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon oregano, dried, crushed
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 lime, juiced 
corn tortilla shells
grated cheese
limes to garnish
shredded cabbage

For the Sriracha Sour Cream:

1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon sriracha sauce

Directions:

Rinse fish and pat dry. Place fish in a bowl, add seasonings, olive oil and juice to fish, mix well. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. 

Wrap tortilla shells up in foil paper. Place on prepared grill until fish is ready.

Grill fish for 6-7 minutes per side until flaky.

Serve with sriracha sour cream by mixing ingredients together. 

Serve with cheese, coleslaw and a squeeze of lime. 



What I liked most about this recipe:

- Making it healthy! You can use whole wheat tortillas or corn tortillas versus flour tortillas.

- Adding fresh toppings! I dressed my tacos with avocados, fresh lime and lemon juice.

- The siratcha sour cream (could be swapped for greek yogurt). Fish tacos need a kick and this was the perfect way to kick it up a notch.

No comments :

Post a Comment