Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas Eve Goodbyes!

We have packed up mom's belongings, been trained to operate her IV pump, said goodbye to her nurses and are now following her ambulance home.  Tonight we will not only celebrate the Eve of our Savior's birthday but also another holiday with our mom.  

Christmas Eve has always been more special to us than Christmas.  We gather with long time family friends, eat a lasagna dinner, go to church and open gifts.  But tonight we are happy to have our mom with us.

 My memories of Christmas Eve have always been magical and special.  My mom and dad have always gone above and beyond with gifts for us and over the years have also showered Craig and Dustin with gifts as well.  Needless to say, it has been a big day for our family for many years.  This year I still have not even purchased my gifts yet, as I don't even feel like receiving any gifts.  I have all that I need family and friends






Happy Holidays to all!  We're off to enjoy our traditional lasagna dinner and join Becky and Dustin at home.

1 comment :

  1. If my heart could smile, it feels like it's grinning from ear to ear; this brings streams of happy tears to see you three heading home together. Best gift ever.. Love you all- SO much!!!

    ReplyDelete